Worker warns Brits to check tax code after losing £9,000 in overpayments he can’t reclaim | Personal Finance | Finance


Britons can check their tax code online in their personal tax account which will show them their current tax code, their code from the previous tax year and the next tax year. 

1257L is currently the most common tax code used for Britons who only have one job or pension. 

This number indicates one’s tax-free allowance, which for many is the general personal allowance currently at £12,570. 

People who believe their tax code is wrong should contact HMRC, especially if there has been a change in their income which would affect their tax. 

Source link


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here