‘Sex and the City’ stars speak out on Noth sexual assault allegations

0
20


The stars of “Sex and the City” have broken their silence on allegations of sexual assault against their co-star Chris Noth, expressing support for the women who came forward.

“We are deeply saddened to hear the allegations against Chris Noth,” said a statement posted on social media on Monday by Sarah Jessica Parker, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon.

Allegations of sexual assault against Noth, 67, were reported by The Hollywood Reporter in an article published December 16 after the trade outlet was contacted by two anonymous women — who do not know each other — months apart.

She was 22 at the time of the incident and went to hospital to receive stitches due to her injuries, she said.

Noth recently reprised his role as Mr. Big in the “Sex and the City” sequel, “And Just Like That…” in which his character dies of a heart attack in the first episode after working out on a Peloton exercise bike.

The two women told The Hollywood Reporter that renewed publicity surrounding Noth and the sequel had been “triggering” and had led them to come forward with their accounts.

“The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false,” Noth, 67, said in a written statement.

Noth, who has since been dropped by his talent agency and from the CBS series “The Equalizer,” according to statements carried by local media, has also denied the third allegation.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here