Prince Harry has blasted the palace’s double standard in handling the press for Prince William — saying officials were “happy to lie to protect” his brother, but “were never willing to tell the truth” to protect him and Meghan Markle.
The Duke of Sussex made the shocking claims in a new trailer for the couple’s Netflix docuseries posted on Monday.
“They were happy to lie to protect my brother,” he said in the teaser. “They were never willing to tell the truth to protect us.”
Harry claimed the couple was facing “institutional gaslighting” leaving Meghan to chime in, “I wasn’t being thrown to the wolves, I was being fed to the wolves”.
The couple also highlighted their security fears, which they have claimed were ignored by the palace.
“Everyone in the world knew where we were,” Markle said.
In the new trailer, Harry appears to also reflect on his departure from the United Kingdom.
“I wonder what would’ve happened to us had we not got out when we did,” Harry said at the start of the teaser.
“In order for us to be able to move to the next chapter, you gotta finish the first chapter,” Harry said in a sit-down interview featured in the clip.
“I’ve always felt as though this was a fight worth fighting for,” he added.
The dramatic clip — announcing the final three episodes will be available to stream Dec. 15 — provides viewers with more intimate details of what led the couple to leave the royal life behind.
The six-episode special aired last week to harsh criticism from Royal fans and sceptics alike, with many claiming the docuseries boring and lacking substance.
This article was originally published by the New York Post and reproduced with permission