Monaco Grand Prix secured until 2025

0
41

After the reveal of the 2023 calendar, Formula 1 has also confirmed that the Monaco Grand Prix will remain on the roster until 2025.

As previously revealed by RacingNews365, the iconic race around the streets of Monte-Carlo will continue after F1 reached a new three-year agreement with the Automobile Club of Monaco (ACM).

Part of the deal will mean inflated ticket prices compared to previous years, despite it previously being one of the cheapest races on the calendar to attend for fans.

Stefano Domenicali, President and CEO, Formula 1, said: “I am pleased to confirm that we will be racing in Monaco until 2025 and excited to be back on the streets of this famous Principality for next year’s Championship.

“I want to thank everyone involved in this renewal and especially H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco, Michel Boeri, President of the Automobile Club of Monaco and all his team. We look forward to being back next season to continue our partnership together.”

Three-year agreement “likely to be renewed” says ACM President

Michel Boeri, President of the Automobile Club of Monaco, said the agreement was made after “several months of negotiations” with F1.

He added: “In the interest of the Formula One World Championship, and after several months of negotiations, we are proud to announce that we have signed a 3-year agreement with Formula One, and likely to be renewed.”

The 2023 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix will be held on Sunday 28th May.

Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here