Barcelona ‘willing to offer PSG two players’ for blockbuster Neymar transfer deal | Football | Sport

0
12


Barcelona are willing to offer PSG Ousmane Dembele or Antoine Griezmann in order to sign Neymar, according to reports. The Brazil international quit the Nou Camp back in 2017. However, a sensational return could now be on the cards.

Barcelona are determined to sign a marquee name this summer.

And links to Neymar have arisen again, with the Brazil international appearing to be stalling on a new PSG contract.

The Samba star angered the Catalan giants by leaving under a cloud in 2017, where he moved to the Parc des Princes for £200million.

But they’ve remained interested in bringing him back regardless.

And, now, Sport claim Barcelona are willing to offer Dembele and Griezmann to PSG in order to ensure Neymar comes back.

THINK YOU KNOW SPORT? Test your sporting knowledge with our tricky quiz

That’s the only way the Catalan giants can feasible land the 29-year-old this summer, with the finances involved making an operation tricky to strike.

And the report adds it’s unclear what PSG’s view on signing Dembele and Griezmann is at the current moment in time.

Barcelona would supposedly ‘welcome’ the departures of both players, despite Dembele scoring the winner against Real Valladolid on Monday night.

And all signs point to the La Liga giants chasing Neymar in 2022 instead, when the Brazilian will become a free agent.

At the moment, Barcelona aren’t willing to pursue the 29-year-old with vigour – with the likes of Erling Haaland, Lautaro Martinez and Harry Kane their preferred targets.

DON’T MISS

Alex Telles ‘to be used in Man Utd swap deal’

Chelsea may have signed perfect Haaland partner

Lionel Messi’s Barcelona anger explained

So what ultimately happens with Neymar remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, speaking last year, Lionel Messi expressed a belief that Neymar regretted leaving Barcelona behind and would love to return.

“It bothered me at the time [when Neymar left] and we tried to convince him not to do it,” he said.

“But we all want to win and have the best players around us.

“He’s one of the best players in the world and he brought a lot to the team. But it’s understandable that people would see it as leaving in a bad way.”

“He is desperate to return and has always appeared to regret his decision.

“He did a lot to come back and that would be the first step in making it happen. He was always fine at Barca, performing at a very high level. He’s a different type of player who is difficult to stop one-on-one and score goals.”

Joan Laporta was recently appointed as Barcelona’s new president.

But, when quizzed on Neymar back in December, he refused to open up on the possibility of re-signing the forward.

“I will not talk about this or that player during the campaign, because it can destabilise the team,” he said.

“They are attentive to all the stories that come out.

“I don’t want someone from inside (Barça) to tell me that I have destabilised the club, if I win.”

Barcelona’s victory over Real Valladolid on Monday night has moved them to within one point of Atletico Madrid at the top of the La Liga table.

And they’re next in action against Real Madrid on Saturday (8pm).

They’ll be hoping to avoid a repeat of what happened earlier in the season, with Ronald Koeman’s side losing 3-1 back in October.





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here